As a Northwest Utility Contractors Association member you have access to the following benefits:
NWUCA Insurance Dividend Program
$4,200,000 Paid Back to Program Members!
A truly proprietary, State approved insurance benefit for all active contractor and (select) associate members of the Northwest Utility Contractors Association, allowing for up to 24.9% of annual premium returned.
- General Liability
- Auto Liability
- Inland Marine
- Umbrella *
*Umbrella quotes/coverage available but line is not included in dividend calculation
Highlights of the program include:
- Competitive Rates
- Composite GL Rating available based on Sales or Payroll
- Tailored coverages - NO subsidence exclusion, NO residential exclusion, full 10-year statute of limitations coverage, Ltd. Jobsite Pollution, ltd. Demolition, etc.
- Dividend payout based on loss results of the group. - up to 24.9% of premium returned.
- No Joint & Several liability for members
- No Assessments upon the group for less than favorable results.
- Carrier and Sponsor / Administrator Advertising $$ back to the Northwest Utility Contractors Association based on participation
Sponsored and Administered by the Northwest Utility Contractors Association, underwritten by Bitco Insurance Company (AM Best rated A+ IX)
NWUCA HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM
NWUCA offers an employee welfare benefit plan to all of our qualified employer members serving the construction industry. Partnering with Providence Health Plan, Kaiser Permanente NW, Samaritan Health Plans, Ameritas Life and LifeMap/VSP, our participating member groups have exclusive access to unique and comprehensive employee benefit coverage options comprised of various HMO and PPO type plans.
The Contractors Insurance Exchange offers the following unique benefits:
- Participating NWUCA member groups with 2 or more full-time benefit eligible employees will have access to competitive Large Group Employee Benefits & Rates
- LifeBalance membership included with the purchase of any medical plan giving enrolled members access to discounts at thousands of recreational, cultural, travel & wellness related services
- Full Service COBRA administration is included with the purchase of any medical plan
- Complementary Section 125 Premium Only Plan documents when Colonial Life voluntary product(s) are offered
- Colonial Life Voluntary Offering includes generous Guaranteed Issue Amounts, Preferred Rates and No Minimum Participation required
- Web-based Benefit Administration Platform accessible 24/7 simplifying the group’s enrollment, billing and payment processes
- Consolidated Invoicing & One Electronic Payment for all core products purchased through the Program (voluntary products excluded)
- Employer Compliance Services & Regulatory Notice Support Included
- Access to the Contractors Retirement Plan 401k
Insurance Exchange Carriers & Service Providers include:
- NEW Providence Health Plan (6 PPO & 3 HSA’s Plan, 2 Provider Networks & Alternative Care Riders) Available to Participating Member groups headquartered in Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Yamhill, Marion, Polk, Lane & Deschutes counties and Clark County, WA
- Kaiser Permanente NW (6 HMO 3 POS & 3 HSA Plans with Vision & Alternative Care Riders) Only available in select markets.
- Kaiser Permanente NW (5 PPO Dental Plans - includes Kaiser and statewide PPO network of contracted dental providers) Available in OR and WA
- Samaritan Health Plan (15 PPO & 5 HSA Medical Plans with Alternative Care Rider) Available to Participating Member Groups hq’d outside the PDX Metro county area.
- Ameritas Life features the Region’s Largest PPO Dental Network (3 PPO Dental Plans including Unused Maximum Benefit Rollover & $200 Vision Allowance benefits)
- LifeMap (3 Vision Plan Options offered exclusively through VSP)
- LifeMap (Group Life & Short-Term Disability)
- LifeBalance (Well-Being & Lifestyle Discount Program)
- WellSpring Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) includes 3 face to face sessions per issue
- Preferred NWUCA Group Insurance Agents
- TailorWell (Online Employer Enrollment Maintenance Tool, Monthly Invoice Presentment & Seamless COBRA Administration with PBC)
- Colonial Life (Group Voluntary & Worksite Benefits)
Heavily Discounted Rates to Join the Construction Industry Crime Prevention Program (CICP)
Discounts on Cellular Service and Equipment through Sprint/Nextel Corporation
- 10% Discount Off all Rate Plans.
- Flat Rate Pricing on All Equipment (Usually $50.00 Off)
- 15% of Accessories.
50% Tuition Credits and 30% Discount on Books & Lab Fees at the NW College of Construction
- (4)-$3000 scholarships for current graduating high school seniors and/or current college students
- $3000 for students planning to attend/currently attending the NW College of Construction
Access to Resource Materials