As a Northwest Utility Contractors Association member you have access to the following benefits:
NWUCA Insurance Dividend Program
***Dividend Returned for 8th Straight Year!***
$4,200,000 Paid Back to Program Members!
A truly proprietary, State approved insurance benefit for all active contractor and (select) associate members of the Northwest Utility Contractors Association, allowing for up to 24.9% of annual premium returned.
- General Liability
- Auto Liability
- Inland Marine
- Umbrella *
*Umbrella quotes/coverage available but line is not included in dividend calculation
Highlights of the program include:
- Competitive Rates
- Composite GL Rating available based on Sales or Payroll
- Tailored coverages - NO subsidence exclusion, NO residential exclusion, full 10-year statute of limitations coverage, Ltd. Jobsite Pollution, ltd. Demolition, etc.
- Dividend payout based on loss results of the group. - up to 24.9% of premium returned.
- No Joint & Several liability for members
- No Assessments upon the group for less than favorable results.
- Carrier and Sponsor / Administrator Advertising $$ back to the Northwest Utility Contractors Association based on participation
Sponsored and Administered by the Northwest Utility Contractors Association, underwritten by Bitco Insurance Company (AM Best rated A+ IX)
Formerly known as Bituminous Insurance Company
NWUCA HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM
NWUCA offers an insurance exchange that allows all of our employer members with an active CCB license OR employers certifying that 50% or more of the work they do is with, or for the construction industry. Partnering with Kaiser Permanente, Samaritan Health Plans and LifeMap, our members have access to unique and comprehensive coverage options that provide statewide networks through HMO and PPO type plans.
The Insurance Exchange offers the following unique benefits:
- Participating NWUCA member groups with 2 or more full-time benefit eligible employees will receive competitive Large Group Rates & Benefits
- Dual carrier HMO & PPO offerings for groups with 50 or more full-time benefit employees
- LifeBalance membership for discounts at thousands of recreational, cultural, travel and wellness related businesses included with the purchase of medical plans
- COBRA administration is included
- Free Section 125 Premium Only Plan documents when offering Voluntary benefits through Colonial Life
- Guaranteed Issue Voluntary Products at Group Rates with No Minimum Participation required
- Online Benefit Admin System allows 24/7 Online Eligibility and Enrollment Update
- Consolidated Monthly Invoice
- The Contractors Retirement Plan 401k
Insurance Exchange Carriers & Providers include:
- Kaiser Permanente NW (Health, Rx, Dental, Alternative Care)
- Kaiser Permanente NW (PPO Dental - includes Kaiser and wide PPO network of contracted dental providers)
- Samaritan Health Plan (Medical, Rx & Alternative Care)
- Ameritas (PPO Dental Plans and Region's Largest PPO Network
- LifeMap/VSP (Group vision)
- LifeMap (Group Life & Short-Term Disability)
- LifeBalance (Wellness Program)
- WellSpring Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) with 3 sessions per issue
- Preferred NWUCA Group Insurance Agents
- TailorWell (Online Employer Enrollment Maintenance Tool, Monthly Invoice Presentment & Seamless COBRA Administration with PBC)
- Colonial Life (Group Voluntary & Worksite Benefits)
Heavily Discounted Rates to Join the Construction Industry Crime Prevention Program (CICP)
Discounts on Cellular Service and Equipment through Sprint/Nextel Corporation
- 10% Discount Off all Rate Plans.
- Flat Rate Pricing on All Equipment (Usually $50.00 Off)
- 15% of Accessories.
50% Tuition Credits and 30% Discount on Books & Lab Fees at the NW College of Construction
- $2000 scholarship and $1500 scholarship for a current high school senior
- $2000 scholarship and $1500 scholarship for a student currently enrolled in college
- $2000 scholarship and $1500 scholarship for students planning to attend/currently attending the NW College of Construction
Access to Resource Materials